Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Sunday, September 19

Click to enlarge
September 19, Sunday - went to church. Marv went fishing. Bud and I stayed home. We're not a family. Just three individuals under the same roof.

September 20, Monday - Went to Dr. Ryan. Gave me two prescriptions. Have doubts that they will help me. Marv took us out to supper. He's good to me.

September 21, Tuesday - Feel worse today. Made appointment with Sims for Friday p.m.

This is one of those entries that fifty-five years later, just stops you cold.

What I knew:
Mom didn't like our current situation, hated the neighborhood we were in, and always dreamed of moving. She tolerated the bait business and the fishing, because dad made a decent living at it while still being able to keep house.

What I didn't know:
How much dad's indifference to her wants and needs hurt mom, and how much she sandbagged her feelings. I'm sure her mother didn't help things much, especially now that Grandpa was gone. Mom wanted to be closer to her family, and dad didn't understand the draw of mom's tight-knit clan.

Other than that, life goes on.


No comments:

Post a Comment