Saturday, May 19, 2018

Wednesday, May 19

Click to enlarge
May 19, Wednesday - Went up to Leavenworth cemetery. Next time I will take some peony plants. Bud started his bowling league tonight.

May 20, Thursday - Went to town by myself this morning. Got along fine - a little tired. See Marg Benson almost every day in the Dr's office. She looks bad.

May 21, Friday - Went to store and doctor. Same old grind.

Our family plot is west of Leavenworth, Kansas on State Highway 92, not quite to Easton. Bethel Cemetery is a genealogical gold mine for the Patton Clan, including the German immigrant, Frederich Beuckemann, and his wife, Minna Beuckemann, nee Mackeson, my great-great grandparents. My folks are both there now, in a shady spot under towering oak trees that overlook a quiet valley.


More bowling. Wednesday night Men's League. School night out with the beer-drinking men of the Armco and Sheffield Steel Plants. I learned a lot about bowling from these guys, as well as a lot about a bunch of other stuff. Learned some swell new words, too. I later found out that most of my new vocabulary couldn't be used at home.


Bethel Cemetery, Leavenworth County, Kansas

No comments:

Post a Comment