Friday, May 25, 2018

Tuesday, May 25

Click to enlarge
May 25, Tuesday - Did washing, then to ______ for bra. I'm a pair again. Delivered bait and then stayed home for the evening. Talked to Marie and Patty

May 26, Wednesday - Sore from new bra. Also tired. Big storm in the middle of the night. Marv did ironing before I got up. He's so good to me. He's begun to relax a little since I've been home.

May 27, Thursday - Have been a mess today. Depressed and full of self-pity. I hate myself and everyone else. Cool today - high in the 60s.

Mom was fitted for a prosthetic bra in place of her missing left breast. The one she chose was inflatable, and had a hose that she could use to inflate by mouth, and a release valve to adjust the size if needed. She was embarrassed by it, and thought the idea absurd. She adjusted her thinking as time went by, but it added a chapter to the family humor collection later this summer.

Mom was mistaken about one detail - my dad never, ever relaxed. Ever.

The struggle with her emotions continues.


No comments:

Post a Comment